Wednesday, April 11, 2007

"Skin"

Skin
by Ted Dekker

This book is awesome! Skin focuses on the question, "What makes a person ugly?" I ordered my copy from CBD and got it on April 9. I started reading it as soon as I got home from work (around 5:30pm) and finished it on April 10. No, I didn't get to read it at work......had to go to Food Lion on my lunch break so I wouldn't starve. I'm not gonna tell you what happens, because it is slightly twisted......okay, maybe a little bit more then slightly, but there are some references to the Circle Trilogy.

I am now impatiently waiting for February 2008 when the next 2...Chosen and Infidel... Ted Dekker books will be unleashed!

** Most of Ted Dekker's books are not for the squeamish or easily frightened. If you can't handle Frank Peritti's novel The Oath or Robert Loparulo's novel Comes A Horseman, most of Ted's books are not for you.**

From the back cover:

A freak storm that spawned three tornadoes bears down on the town of Summerville. Yet under cover of the storm looms a much more ominous threat: a vindictive killer known as Red who's left a string of victims in his wake and is now bent on exacting his revenge on the unsuspecting citizens.
But an enigma surrounds Red that the FBI is unwilling to admit - closely guarded secrets of something gone terribly wrong beneath the skin of Summerville, secrets capable of destroying far more than one small town.
Wendy Davidson is caught in the middle. The recovering cult survivor takes refuge in Summerville on her way to visit her estranged mother. And with her, four strangers, any one of whom could be the next victim...or the killer.

Ted Dekker's Website: http://teddekker.com/

Click here to see other books by Ted Dekker. (I have read all but 3!)